Friday's Progress Notes - February 20, 1998
Mental Health Information - Vol. 2 Issue 8
Provided by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Interview with Kenneth Minkoff, MD
2. Alcohol use in women
3. Helping patients with alcohol problems
4. Treatment of adolescent substance abuse
5. Alcohol and aggression
6. Marijuana facts for parents
7. Co–Occurring alcohol use disorder and schizophrenia
ONLINE CE! EARN CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete course catalog, click on http://www.athealthce.com
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Substance Abuse Treatment
- Social Anxiety Disorder and Alcohol Use
- Bipolar Disorder and Alcoholism
- Chemical Dependency: A Systems Approach
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- PTSD: Treating Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Eating Disorders, Obesity, and Other Eating-Related Problems
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Brief CBT in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships
- Dream Interpretation: A Developmental Counseling and Therapy Approach
- Treating Difficult Adolescents
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues,
who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
Dual Diagnosis: An Interview with Kenneth Minkoff, MD
Kenneth Minkoff, MD, shares his expertise regarding the challenges facing systems of care and clinicians in providing appropriate care to patients with co-occurring disorders.
2. NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH
Alcohol: A Women's Health Issue
Alcohol is yet another health issue for women. Drinking, even in small amounts, affects women differently than men. And heavy drinking, in some ways, is much more risky for women than it is for men.
3. NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM
Physician's Guide to Helping Patients with Alcohol Problems
This guide provides screening and intervention tools.
Adolescent Substance Abuse: An Interview with Howard Liddle, EdD
The interview includes a brief clinical vignette that underscores treatment and intervention strategies.
5. NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM
Alcohol, Violence, and Aggression
Not only may alcohol consumption promote aggressiveness, but victimization may lead to excessive alcohol consumption.
Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know
Marijuana is the most often used illegal drug in this country.
7. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH
Co–Occurring Alcohol Use Disorder and Schizophrenia
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is the most common co–occurring disorder in people with schizophrenia.
ONLINE CE AND HOME STUDY COURSES
Take online CE or order home study videos, tapes, and books!
Alzheimer's, Anxiety, Aging, Anger Management, ADHD, DSM-IV Diagnoses, Domestic Violence, Ethics, PTSD, Grief and Loss, Addiction, Psychopharmacology, OCD, Co-Dependence, PTSD in Children, EMDR, Conduct Disorder, Eating Disorders, Treating Childhood Obesity, Couples Therapy, and more!
CONTINUING EDUCATION MEETINGS
Find information about listing live CE/CME meetings and workshops in the CE Calendar!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 1998 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on April 16, 2008