Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
Vol. 2 Issue 32 - September 4, 1998
Published by athealth.com -
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Causes and treatment of schizophrenia
2. Expert Consensus Guidelines for Schizophrenia
3. Guide for patients and families
4. Research on schizophrenia and other mental illnesses
5. Schizophrenia: A Handbook for Families
6. Medications for mental illness
7. Clinical resources
ONLINE COURSES! EARN CE WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete catalog of our courses, click on
- Pain Management
- Assessing Suicide Risk in Children
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
- Childhood Sexuality: Discerning Healthy from Abnormal Sexual Behaviors
- BDD: A Narrative Approach to Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Ethics: Money and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- Ethical Issues with Fees, Billing, and Collections
- PTSD: Professional Interview Series
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Suicide Assessment and Intervention
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Childhood-Onset Schizophrenia
- Diagnosing and Treating Co-dependence
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
1. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH
This informational booklet provides information about the causes and treatment of schizophrenia.
2. EXPERT CONSENSUS GUIDELINE SERIES
Treatment of Schizophrenia 1999
The guidelines, developed by a panel of schizophrenia experts, address such issues as initial treatment strategy, selection of therapy techniques and/or medications, and options if the treatment plan is not
3. EXPERT CONSENSUS GUIDELINE SERIES
Treatment of Schizophrenia: Guide for Patients and Families
The guide is designed to answer the most frequently asked questions about schizophrenia.
NARSAD Research Newsletter
Information about scientific research into the causes, cures and treatments, and prevention of severe mental illness, primarily schizophrenia and depression.
5. HEALTH CANADA
Schizophrenia: A Handbook for Families
The handbook is a guide for families when early signs indicate that a relative may have schizophrenia, and as a resource for these families when a diagnosis of schizophrenia has been determined.
6. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH
Medications for Mental Illness
This booklet is designed to help mental health patients and their families understand how and why medications can be used as part of the treatment of mental health problems.
7. FRIDAY'S PROGRESS NOTES
Clinical resources for practitioners.
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 1998 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on November 4, 2010