Friday's Progress Notes
Mental health information
Vol. 2 Issue 24 - June 5, 1998
Provided by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Sleep problems in children and teens
2. Driving while drowsy
3. Sleep questions and answers
4. Children and nightmares
5. Sleep apnea
6. Getting a good night's sleep
7. Sleep Myths
EARN CE CREDITS WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
Plus courses on Alzheimer's, Anxiety, Aging, Anger Management, ADHD, DSM-IV Diagnoses, Domestic Violence, Ethics, PTSD, Grief and Loss, Addiction, Psychopharmacology, OCD, Co-Dependence, EMDR, Eating Disorders, and more! Many videos/books/audiotapes available without CE credit! http://www.athealthce.com
- Depression in Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Depression and Suicide in Children and Adolescents
- Assessing Suicide Risk in Children
- PTSD: Treating Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Eating Disorders, Obesity, and Other Eating-Related Problems
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Brief CBT in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships
- HIPAA Made Friendly: How To Become Compliant
- Risk Management Basics: The Application of Law and Ethics to Risk Management
- Diagnosing and Treating Co-Dependence
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- Dream Interpretation: A Developmental Counseling and Therapy Approach
Today's information is on sleep disorders. One out of three American adults suffers from a
sleep disorder, and this often impacts other issues to be dealt with in the therapeutic
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues,
who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
Sleep Problems in Children and Teens
Sleep disturbances among children and adolescents are common. Left untreated, sleep problems can result in significant emotional, behavioral, and cognitive impairment and can put youth at risk for poor school performance, accidents, and social or medical problems.
2. NATIONAL CENTER ON SLEEP DISORDERS RESEARCH
Awake at the Wheel
The Awake at the Wheel Campaign consists of materials for students and teachers designed to help young people make wise choices about sleep in general, and drowsy driving in particular.
Questions and answers about sleep disorders.
Nightmare Remedies: Helping Your Child Tame the Demons of the Night
Every nightmare, no matter how distressing, contains vital information about crucial emotional challenges in your child's life.
5. NATIONAL HEART LUNG AND BLOOD INSTITUTE
Sleep apnea is a common disorder that can be very serious. In sleep apnea, your breathing stops or gets very shallow while you are sleeping.
The Promise of Sleep
A pioneer in sleep medicine explores the vital connection between health, happiness, and a good night's sleep.
7. NATIONAL HEART LUNG AND BLOOD INSTITUTE
Top 10 Sleep Myths
Tips to help you get a better night's sleep.
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 1998 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on November 4, 2009