Friday's Progress Notes - May 29, 1998
Mental Health Information - Vol. 2 Issue 23
Published by athealth.com - www.athealth.com
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Sexual disorders
2. Couples recovering from sexual addiction
3. Treating the family of a sexual addict
4. The G-Sexual Addiction Screening Test
5. Sexually addicted healthcare providers
6. Child sexual abuse
7. The Internet and sexual addiction
ONLINE CONTINUING EDUCATION
Plus courses on Addiction, Co-Dependence, EMDR, Alzheimer's, Anxiety, Aging, Anger Management,
ADHD, DSM-IV Diagnoses, Domestic Violence, Ethics, PTSD, Grief and Loss, Psychopharmacology, OCD, Eating Disorders, and more! http://www.athealthce.com
- Recreating Partnership Couples Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Family Counseling: Family Involvement, Assessment, Closure, and Ethical Issues in Family Work
- Domestic Violence: Effective Diagnosis and Treatment
- Mental Health Treatment for Persons with HIV/AIDS and Substance Abuse Disorders
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- PTSD: Treating Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Brief CBT in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
Sexual dysfunctions are disorders related to a particular phase of the sexual response cycle.
2. NATIONAL COUNCIL ON SEXUAL
ADDICTION AND COMPULSIVITY
Couples Recovering from Sexual Addiction
Sex addiction is a family disease. Both partners have been part of the problem and both can participate in the recovery process.
3. SEXUAL RECOVERY INSTITUTE
Treating the Family of the Sexual Addict
The effects on children in a household in which one or both parents suffer from an addictive sexual disorder have been overlooked in much of the literature related to sexual addiction.
4. SEXUAL RECOVERY INSTITUTE
Men's Sexual Screening Addiction Test
The Male Sexual Screening Addiction Test (G-SAST) is designed to assist in the
assessment of sexually compulsive or addictive behavior.
5. PROFESSIONAL RENEWAL CENTER
Sexually Addicted Healthcare Professionals
The healing potential in the professional-patient relationship is facilitated by inherent disparity in position, education, and power. Yet, since its origin in prehistory, the healing profession has been shadowed by abuse of privilege. Sexual misconduct and offense are among the most common and egregious forms of abuse.
6. FRIDAY'S PROGRESS NOTES
Child Sexual Abuse
The newsletter provides clinical resources related to child sexual abuse.
7. APA MONITOR
Is Internet Addiction Real?
The Internet seems to invite both genders to experiment in ways they might otherwise not.
ONLINE CE AND HOME STUDY COURSES
Take online CE or order home study videos, tapes, and books!
Alzheimer's, Anxiety, Aging, Anger Management, ADHD, DSM-IV Diagnoses, Domestic Violence, Ethics, PTSD, Grief and Loss, Addiction, Psychopharmacology, OCD, Co-Dependence, PTSD in Children, EMDR, Conduct Disorder, Eating Disorders, Treating Childhood Obesity, Couples Therapy, and more!
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 1998 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on October 4, 2009