Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
Vol. 2 Issue 18 - April 24, 1998
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Online therapy raises questions
2. Internet and therapist and teacher
3. Web counseling
4. Services by telephone, teleconferencing, and Internet
5. Choosing a therapist
ONLINE COURSES! EARN CE WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete catalog of our courses, click on
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
- Assessing Suicide Risk in Children
- Childhood Sexuality: Discerning Healthy from Abnormal Sexual Behaviors
- BDD: A Narrative Approach to Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Ethics: Money and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- Ethical Issues with Fees, Billing, and Collections
- PTSD: Professional Interview Series
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Dual Relationships: Ethical and Clinical Aspects
- HIPAA Made Friendly: How to Become Compliant
One of the most interesting and controversial issues facing behavioral health care
professionals today is the delivery of online mental health services.
Can professionals provide mental health services via the Internet? This is one of many
questions the online mental health community is attempting to answer. These issues deserve
thoughtful consideration and discussion.
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION - MONITOR
The reality is that online therapy is not a singular entity and there is no single position appropriate to this complex and broad-ranging area.
The Internet as Therapist and Teacher
For the first time in history, with the use of this electronic teaching tool, practitioners have instant access to “best treatment” information, expert consultations and established treatment guidelines.
3. NATIONAL BOARD FOR CERTIFIED COUNSELORS
The Practice of Internet Counseling
This document contains a statement of principles for guiding the evolving practice of Internet counseling.
Services by Telephone, Teleconferencing, and Internet
Delivery of services by such media as telephone, teleconferencing and internet is a
rapidly evolving area.
Choosing The Right Mental Health Therapist
Therapy is a collaborative process, so finding the right match - someone with whom you have a sense of rapport - is critical.
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 1998 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on November 28, 2009