Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
Vol. 2 Issue 17 - April 17, 1998
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Clinical hypnotherapy
2. What is clinical hypnosis?
3. Breaking patterns of depression
4. Complementary medicine
5. Relieving pain with hypnosis
6. Somatoform disorders
7. Alternative therapies
ONLINE CE! EARN CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete course catalog, click on http://www.athealthce.com
- Cultural Competence: Cultural Complexities
- Pain Management
- Assessing Suicide Risk in Children
- Childhood Sexuality: Discerning Healthy from Abnormal Sexual Behaviors
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injury and Motivational Interviewing: Enhancing Readiness for Change
- Ethics: Money and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- Ethical Issues with Fees, Billing, and Collections
- Ethics: Spiritual Issues in Clinical Practice
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- HIPAA Made Friendly: How To Become Compliant
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
Understanding Clinical Hypnotherapy
As an adjunct to psychotherapy, hypnosis can help clients enter a relaxed, comfortable, trance state for obtaining specific therapeutic outcomes.
2. AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
What Is Clinical Hypnosis?
According to the American Psychological Association (APA)ís Division of Psychological Hypnosis, hypnosis is a procedure during which a health professional or researcher suggests while treating someone that he or she experience changes in sensations, perceptions, thoughts, or behavior.
3. BRIEF THERAPY INSIDE OUT VIDEO SERIES
Breaking Patterns of Depression: Hypnosis and Building Resources
In this powerful demonstration video, Dr. Yapko combines skills-building with a mix of direct and indirect hypnotic suggestions to teach his client how to "tune out" the barrage of negative thoughts maintaining his depression and "tune into" more positive experiences.
4. NATONAL CENTER FOR COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE
What Is Complementary Medicine (CAM)?
Integrative medicine, as defined by NCCAM, combines mainstream medical therapies and CAM therapies for which there is some high-quality scientific evidence of safety and effectiveness.
5. UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON BURN CENTER
The Fires of Pain
The University of Washington is easing burn patients' suffering with drugs, hypnosis, and even virtual reality.
6. FRIDAY'S PROGRESS NOTES
Somatoform and factitious disorders can baffle even the most experienced clinician.
7. NATIONAL MENTAL HEALTH INFORMATION CENTER
Alternative Approaches to Mental Health Care
An alternative approach to mental health care is one that emphasizes the interrelationship between mind, body, and spirit.
ONLINE CE AND HOME STUDY COURSES
Take online CE or order home study videos, tapes, and books!
Alzheimer's, Anxiety, Aging, Anger Management, ADHD, DSM-IV Diagnoses, Domestic Violence, Ethics, PTSD, Grief and Loss, Addiction, Psychopharmacology, OCD, Co-Dependence, PTSD in Children, EMDR, Conduct Disorder, Eating Disorders, Treating Childhood Obesity, Couples Therapy, and more!
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 1998 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on November 28, 2009