Childhood and Adolescent Obesity
Friday's Progress Notes - May 26, 2000
Mental Health Information - Vol. 4 Issue 16
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Subscribe to Friday's Progress Notes! The best mental health newsletter on the Internet for practitioners and it's free!
1. Evaluation and treatment of childhood obesity
2. Guidelines for treatment of overweight children
3. Early adolescent obesity and self-esteem
4. Promoting physical activity among young people
5. Binge eating disorder
6. Body wise handbook
7. Fitness fundamentals
8. Helping your overweight child
ONLINE CE! EARN CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete course catalog, click on http://www.athealthce.com
- Eating Disorders, Obesity, and Other Eating-Related Problems
- Treating Childhood Obesity
- Childhood and Adolescent Eating Disorders
- Treating Difficult Adolescents
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
- Brief CBT in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy for Adolescent Drug Abuse
- Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships
- Motivational Interviewing as a Counseling Style
- Suicide Assessment and Intervention
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- PTSD: Treating Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
1. AMERICAN FAMILY PHYSICIAN
Evaluation and Treatment of Childhood Obesity
The prevalence of childhood obesity in the United States has risen
dramatically in the past several decades. Although 25 to 30 percent
of children are affected, this condition is underdiagnosed and
undertreated. (These materials link to patient handouts.)
Obesity Evaluation and Treatment: Expert committee Recommendations
Practice guidelines for practitioners who evaluate and treat
overweight children. (You will need to have the Adobe Acrobat
Reader to access this document.)
Childhood Obesity and Self-Esteem
This study examines the relationship between early adolescent
obesity and self-esteem. (You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader
to access this document.)
4. CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL
Guidelines for School and Community Programs to Promote
Lifelong Physical Activity Among Young People
The CDC site includes the Complete Guidelines Report, a summary
of the report, and a school health self-assessment and
5. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DIABETES AND DIGESTIVE AND KIDNEY DISEASES
Binge Eating Disorder
Binge eating disorder is characterized by bingeing not followed
This handbook addresses eating disorders and disordered eating - critical health problems affecting preadolescents
7. PRESIDENT'S COUNCIL ON PHYSICAL FITNESS AND SPORTS
The decision to carry out a physical fitness program cannot be taken lightly. It requires a lifelong commitment of time and effort.
8. WEIGHT-CONTROL INFORMATION NETWORK
Helping Your Overweight Child
In the United States at least one child in five is overweight and the number of overweight children continues to grow.
DIRECTORY OF MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONERS
Looking for a therapist! Click here!
CONTINUING EDUCATION MEETINGS
Find information about listing live CE/CME meetings and workshops in the CE Calendar!
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational
and informational purposes only. The appearance of any
product, service, or Web site link in this newsletter does
not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content,
or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright (c) 2000 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of
Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on January 27, 2009